I want to create art, send a message of hope out into the world, I want to inspire others. Most of all, I long to draw a pure reflection of what I’m living for and Who claims my life, my strength, and my all. – Adam Young
But the more days go by and the more I turn around and look back on them, the more I realize I have no interest in living for myself and that my focus is far better fixed on things unseen. – Adam Young
That’s when I realize I’m tired of waiting. I’m so sick of wishing I was there already. I’d rather look around and not have to squint to see the beauty that literally lies everywhere. – Adam Young
Hey! I’m Karis! Hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on random things and that you will be inspired and that something on here will make you think. I’m not really the best writer, but I do love to write when I get passionate about things or when I hear/read/see something that inspires me. I’m a sophomore at Liberty University, majoring in Visual Arts. I think. (: I absolutely love taking pictures, traveling, listening to music and meeting new people. You can check out my pictures from places I’ve been and random things I’ve taken pictures of by clicking the “Picture ” link under this “About Me” section. At the moment I’m in love with a band called Owl City. <3 Adam Young writes such creative artistically beautiful lyrics, they make me laugh, cry, sing, praise. I wish I had even just a bit of his fanciful way of thinking. Be sure to check them out! I love love love talking to people and I don’t want my blog to be all me doing the talking. So please leave comments! And since I do better talking about myself when I answer questions I thought I’d use this random survey I got for you to learn more about me. (:
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Falling off a shelf in the Dominican Republic… It is a pretty cool story, just ask and I’ll tell you the whole thing. (;
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Band posters. (:
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP
I talk in my sleep… and roll around a lot, though if I tell myself not to I can sleep the whole night in the same spot, or at least I’m still in the same spot when I wake up. lol
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
A little bit of everything… Pop/Punk is probably my favourite but I will listen to everything, even country, though only really Taylor Swift.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
*thinks* I did know, but I don’t remember right now. lol
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
What do I miss? Not who do I miss? What I miss most now is Cornerstone, and staying up late talking about anything and everything, and when its 11pm and you think about how there are still about 3-4 more hours of talking and having fun…
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5′ 3″ or 5’4″
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Umm… Only if its dark and I’m outside. Like in a forest, or on the Scary Walk at Cornerstone…
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
I really can’t remember.
13. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Spiders. But thats more a phobia then a fear.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I have no particular preference. (:
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT?
In a Saltwater Room where the sky is Vanilla Twilight while a Meteor Shower is going on overhead and Fireflies are giving me hugs. (; Kidding, I have no idea. *lol*
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Energy drink for sure. At least it tastes nice. Yucky coffee. :P
17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Too many good ones to pick.
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Some kind of sweet. (: Chocolate… Ice cream… candy…
19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
Like a goldfish cracker? Then yes. Otherwise. No. Why would you want to eat a goldfish?!
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
I don’t remember the first meaningful gift, but I just went through letters that friends wrote me when we were like 10 years old and lived states away but wanted to stay friends forever, and they’re some of the sweetest cards, I’ll keep them forever. <3 Covered in pictures and hearts and “I miss you”‘s…
22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
Crush? I don’t like the connotations that that word suggests. How about we go with there are many guys who I enjoy spending time with, but none that I really fancy. (:
23. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE CLOTHES BRAND?
I don’t really care.
25. WHO IS YOUR FAV FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY?
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
Yes, a dog. Bell. (:
27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
An Irish Terrier.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Leaving? Like moving away? Maybe… I’ll let you know what I think if that ever happens. lol
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
32. FAVORITE QUOTE?
Oh my, so many!
33. FAVORITE PLACE?
There are a lot of answers to that. Fav place to be, anywhere with friends. Fav place (city/country), Swaziland. Fav place on earth, Cornerstone.
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
Yes. To Swaziland, Africa; Cape Town, South Africa; Tunbridge Wells, England; London, England; Swansea, Wales; Domican Republic. And Israel in the fall!!! :D
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
I try too hard to please everyone, and I get upset when people argue, especially over trivial things.
36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
Ted Dekker. :D A bunch of famous political people, but I don’t remember their names, you can tell I was real excited to meet them. (;
37. FIRST JOB?
Teaching gymnastics. Then a paper route. lol
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
*sniggle* Well… I’m not sure about me personally but I have been with friends and we’ve done prank calls… *lol*
39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOULMATE?
I think that everyone who God has purposed to get married has someone special for them.
40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT?
I’m doing school while filling this out. (;
41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
Nope. And I hope to keep it that way… lol
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My smile. :D
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
Yep. *smiles* I loved braces.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
A trip to another country. :D
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND THEIR NAMES?
Whatever God gives me, few or many, I’ll be happy with whatever. But at least 2, I think it’d be boring to be an only child, so I wouldn’t want my kid to be one… No idea what names. Cool ones though. (;
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No. But my first name is Greek for “grace” and my middle name is a shorted form of the Greek word for “little girl.”
47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
When they’re rude, or unhelpful, or insult and make fun of people.
48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
Like what subject? Probably Algebra or reading.
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
Sauve? I think, it smells pretty. (;
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Ham, turkey, or salami.
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
Yeah, sometimes, though I try not to be.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
They shouldn’t but I know that I’m guilty of making it matter.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Uh, probably by crying. And then praying about what I’m anger about, then I calm down.
59. WHAT’S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE?
To have lived a life that glorifies God.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
A white stuffed bear that I got for either my first birthday or at a baby shower before I was born, I just know I’ve always had it. And I always thought it was as big as me, then I found it a couple years ago and couldn’t believe how tiny it was! lol I guess it was as big as me when I was littler. (;
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Quite a lot. (:
62.WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
As long as its not an insulting sarcasm. I don’t use it about people, I’ll use it when something is really obvious but I don’t like using sarcasm at people, sarcasm hurts a lot, even when you know it was in jest.
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
Mac and cheese for sure!
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Loves God and is actively trying to serve Him first.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Care (or Kar), Care Bear, Kitty, Carrots.
67. FAVORITE SUPER POWER?
68. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
American Idol. It’s like the only tv I watch.
69.WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR ENEMIES?
Love them. Pray for them. It’s hard to be mad at someone when you’re praying for them.
70. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Vanilla, with chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
No, I accidentally chopped my thumb off cutting bread. :P Yes I have all my fingers and toes! lol (<—that is how I use sarcasm. ;))
72. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER?
*hugs Macbook tightly* Yes I do. :D
73. DO YOU HAVE ANY PLANS TONIGHT?
Not that I know of. But I’m sure I’ll find something to entertain myself with.
74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU ARE OLDER?
In another country, I don’t know which one right now, but I’d love to go anywhere. :D
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Since I’m using this as my ‘About Me’ page… no…
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
Professor Hindson Survey of the Old Testament Lesson 10
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Their smile, or their eyes.
80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
Read, think, take pictures, be online.
81. FAVORITE THING I HATE?
82. FAVORITE SEASON?
Winter, as long as there is snow. After that, fall.
83. FAVORITE CANDY?
84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND?
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Light brown. With blonde highlights from the sun.
86. EYE COLOR?
Hazel. But lately everyone has been commenting on my “blue eyes.” lol But they are hazel.
87. SHOE SIZE?
88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE
Probably Wendy’s or Taco Bell.
89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT?
Hmm… don’t know…
90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Uh, yuck. :P
91. WATCH TV TODAY?
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
Piano, guitar, clarinet, and pennywhistle.
94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
95. WOULD YOU KISS SOMEONE YOU DIDN’T KNOW EVEN IF THEY WERE GOOD LOOKING?
No way! That’s saved for my wedding day. <3
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
A shirt at Kohl’s.
98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSEWIFE?
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING
As Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers
100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE:
Wow, what a way to end these questions. :P What love life? I’m falling in love with God more and more every day. That’s about all I can tell ya.